Calling all members! Spudnik Press Cooperative is seeking a committee of members to help drive and enhance our Exhibitions Program.
Exhibitions at Spudnik Press present new artworks, provide curatorial opportunities, and explore areas of overlap or communication between printmaking, drawing, writing, bookmaking or DIY publishing. But most importantly, we strive for exhibitions to provide true benefit to our members by introducing our community to new artists, art forms or approaches to printmaking, and through creating crucial dialog and a context for community building among our members.
By introducing an Exhibitions Committee, we invite members to lead this process and have literal say in the artwork and artists we exhibit, and the additional programming that we develop in conjunction with each exhibition.
What is involved?
1) Review digital exhibition proposals. Proposals will be sent approximately 10 days prior to an in-person meeting.
2) Attend an in-person Exhibition Review meeting on April 20, 2016, 6-8pm. Through a combination of discussion and voting, the Committee will select one proposal (plus an alternate) that will be offered as a Fall 2016 Exhibition in the Annex.
3) The opportunity to suggest additional exhibitions and provide feedback on the mission and goals of our Exhibition Program.
4) Provide additional volunteer support for one of the fall exhibitions. Responsibilities include working with the artist(s) to develop a corresponding public program that augments the exhibition, assisting with exhibition design and installation, developing and producing a limited edition print or artist book, assisting with marketing, social media, staffing the Artist Reception, and documenting the exhibition.
1) Must maintain a current membership at Spudnik Press Cooperative between April and December 2016.
2) Must be able to attend the Exhibition Review meeting scheduled for 4/20/16, 6-8pm.
3) Strongly encouraged to volunteer and additional 4 hours in the development of the selected exhibitions. Committee members will be able to request volunteer activities that best suite their skills and interests.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and phone number. Please note, the exhibition committee is first come, first serve. If response exceeds our capacity, a wait list will be formed.