What is the Community Challenge?
Each year, Spudnik Press supports thousands of people in our community— art-lovers, printmakers, explorers, academics, creatives, students, and dabblers, alike. You are part of the artistic community and the Spudnik Press family, and as 2016 winds down, we are seeking support from our friends and family to end the year in the black and keep our studio running smoothly.
We are in need of $5000 in donations by 12/31/16 to keep presses running smoothly and 2017 programs in full swing. The Board of Directors has set the pace for our fundraising:
They donated the first $1000…
and they challenge you to help us raise the rest!
We are already 20% there! Please help us complete the challenge!
What Do Donations Support?
If we meet our $5000 goal, we will be able to cover the following costs:
- One month of Studio Access supplies. In other words, 7 gallons of screenprinting ink, 8 lbs of oil-based ink, 4 tubes of risography ink, masking tape, newsprint, emulsion, and many other miscellaneous supplies.
- Direct costs for 6 Exhibitions presented in the Spudnik Press Annex.
- 5 Field Trips for 80 Chicago-area highschool students.
- Ongoing maintenance of our 9 printing presses and 70 screens.
- Sponsoring 11 local artists through our Studio Fellowship and Residency Programs.
Over the next few weeks, we look forward to sharing more details about each of these programs, and the value they provide our community.
A Few Inky Incentives:
First Time Donors:
A special offer for our friends and family who are making their first donation to Spudnik Press Cooperatve: Donate at any level to be entered in a raffle for any Winter 2017 class or workshop. The winner can keep the class for themselves or pass it along to a creative friend!
Donors at $100+ Level:
You and a guest will be invited to our donor-exclusive Ink & Drink Art Party on January 13.