Did you know…
Consuming chili peppers is just good for more than flavor and proving one’s might. Here’s five healthy benefits of pepper-heavy diet:
- Chili peppers are a better source of vitamin C than oranges.
- Hot peppers lowers blood pressure.
- The capsaicin in peppers makes an effective anti-inflammatory.
- The enzyme luetin, found in peppers, can prevent cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Ingesting spicy food can help lower cholesterol.
Do these sound like health benefits you are ready for? We have just the opportunity for you! Be on the lookout for more Chili Babbles as the 2017 Hashbrown Chili Cook-Off & Carnival approaches on Saturday, February 25. In the meantime, reserve your ticket for unlimited chili and print-themed carnival games!