Spudnik Press Cooperative seeks a highly organized, outgoing, and collaborative individual to balance program development, education, and administrative responsibilities. The Program Director will bring leadership and strategic vision to educational and public programs by managing the following programs: Membership Program, Residency Program, Fellowship Program, Exhibitions, Education and Youth Programs. For each of these programs, the Program Director will manage budgets, orchestrate all logistics from planning through execution, create marketing materials, staff and document events, lead assessment processes, set objectives and continually push these programs to better achieve our mission and serve our constituents. The organization has intentionally made pathways through these and other programs, so the ability to formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects is essential.
Activities with these program areas include but are not limited portfolio reviews, private off-site tours, panel discussions, youth workshops, classes and workshops for adults, exhibitions, artist talks, and art sales. In order to successfully manage these programs and activities, the Program Director should be prepared to develop partnerships with peer organizations, curate and install exhibitions, manage member and board committees, and supervise staff and interns. The Program Director will also personally mentor participants in our Fellowship program through leading a weekly professional development seminar.
Through the various programs managed by the Program Director, they will be tasked with expanding the scope and depth of our membership program, and working closely with members to expand the breadth of community participation and diversify our cooperative.
Additionally, all staff at Spudnik Press assist with general office management, serve on fundraising committees, assist with outreach events, and cultivate relationships with potential clients, partners, and donors. Staff contributes to special projects as needed, and are involved in the planning and execution of Strategic Plans.
This is a fast-paced job that requires impeccable organization, project management skills, teamwork, and executive decision-making. Our work is guided by a shared commitment to consistency and reliability, true dedication to our ever-growing community, and bringing creative and conceptual thinking to our work. Spudnik Press staff are expected to bring passion and integrity to their work by building meaningful relationships with the artists, makers, students, teachers, and supporters that are part of the Spudnik Press community.
This leadership position will collaborate and work closely with the Executive Director to execute Spudnik Press Cooperative’s mission to provide facilities and services to anyone who wishes to be creative through print.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Public programming experience, from ideation through execution and assessment
- Management experience, or has served in a leadership, supervisor, and/or mentor role
- Has professional experience working with non-profit organizations in an administrative capacity (3+ years preferred)
- Has professional experience working at a print-related studio or organization (preferred)
- Familiarity with and appreciation for fine art print making (required) with hands-on experience making prints (preferred)
- Proven commitment to visual arts and Chicago artists.
- Outgoing demeanor and strong communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong writing skills for both internal and external audiences through grant, proposal, or press release writing
- Experience creating and maintaining budgets
- Experience using a database
- Curatorial and exhibitions experience
- Shared office within high-energy print making studio
- Staff consists of two full-time and three part-time employees
- This position typically requires 9am – 5pm Monday-Friday schedule with occasional nights and weekends.
- Occasional remote work is acceptable
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include three weeks paid time off, plus six paid holidays per year. Additionally, all staff receive waived tuition for all Spudnik Press classes, and unlimited access to all materials and equipment.
- Please send e-mail with cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Application review will begin October 22.