August 30 – November 2, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, September 13, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Deadline for online submissions: Monday, July 22, 2019
Calling all print geeks, all relief devotees, all intaglio fans, all serial serigraphers, all letterpress lovers: this fall, our Spudnik Press Annual Member Exhibition will highlight the thing that brings us all together, print! As members of this print community, we want to bring together the amazing work being made day in and day out. At Spudnik Press, we feel welcome, whether we wipe plates, roll ink, or squeegee shapes. We all have in common a deep curiosity about print and an appreciation for the way ink transforms our ideas into reality.
This exhibition celebrates the cacophony of visual statements made each day at Spudnik Press. Members are invited to submit recent works, from fine art prints to gig posters, from zines and books to fiber/mixed media pieces.
- Complete the Online Submission Form by Monday, July 22, 2019.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 1-3 hi-res images of your work by Monday, July 22, 2019. Please include artist name and year of completion in file name. Images should not exceed 1 MB each, example: Last Name_First Name_2019
- Drop off artwork by Friday, August 23, 2019.
- Pick up artwork by Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- The exhibition is open to all Spudnik Press members.
- There is no entry fee to participate.
- Participants may exhibit up to 3 artworks. Some or all works may be selected to be exhibited.
- If work is available for sale, Spudnik Press retains 50% of income from the sale of artwork during the exhibition.
- Participating artists must be current Spudnik Press members.
- All artwork must have been partially or fully produced at Spudnik Press.
- All artwork must include at least one print process.
- Works on paper may be framed. If not framed, work will be installed using magnets.
- Three-dimensional or fiber-based works are welcome and must be ready to hang with instructions for installation.
- Artwork dimensions must not exceed 22 x 30 in. (unframed). Textile or fiber work dimensions are variable, please contact Susannah with questions.
- Artwork made within the last 2 years is preferred.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Many thanks to our Exhibitions Committee (Summer Kee, Yasi Moussavi, and Catherine Norcott) for their contributions and support.