Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2020
The Spudnik Press Cooperative Studio Fellowship is an intensive eight-month program that provides emerging artists opportunities to develop the artistic and professional skills needed to build a successful career in the arts. Key program components work in conjunction to provide mentorship, technical training, meaningful interactions with art professionals, public programming experience, and leadership opportunities. These key program components consist of the following:
- Access to professional printmaking facilities
- Weekly seminars addressing various elements of professional practices
- Leadership experience through regularly monitoring Open Studio sessions.
- Presentation opportunities through culminating public projects.
Furthermore, as ambassadors of Spudnik Press Cooperative, Fellows play an important role in ensuring our members and studio users have a welcoming experience at our shop and also help us grow our community. The contributions Fellows make to our day-to-day operations are invaluable and help shape the future of our facilities.
The Studio Fellowship program best supports:
- Emerging artists, typically recent college graduates.
- Artists at transitional points in their career.
- Artists with substantial printmaking experience, such that they are able to perform all monitoring duties.
- Artists whose current art practice requires access to printmaking facilities.
- Artists who already have a dedicated and regular studio practice.
- Artists who are able to commit about 8 hours a week to the fellowship program in addition to maintaining their art practice.
- Artists whose goal is to create or sell art a primary source of income.
- Artists seeking opportunities to meet Chicago-based arts professionals.
- Artists interested in building meaningful connections with a creative community.
Please review our Fellowship Information Packet to learn more about:
- Program Overview & Components
- Fellowship Timeline
- Open Studio Monitoring
- Professional Development Seminar
- Additional Assistant Opportunities
Please thoroughly review the Fellowship Information Packet. Download and complete the 2020 Fellowship Application Form. Return this application form and all requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, March 1, 2020
Fellowship Period: May 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
Required Weekly Commitments:
- Professional Development Seminars: Most Wednesdays from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Individual Monitor Shifts: One of the following 4.5-hour per shift per week:
- Mondays 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 5:30-10:00 p.m.
- Fridays 12:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 12:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Any inquiries regarding our Studio Fellowship can be directed to Jess Christy, email@example.com.