Spudnik Press Cooperative is excited to announce a big change to our Open Studio Program. This program, which logs over 800 visits per year from artists and makers at all stages of their artistic journey, has largely remain unchanged since the studio’s inception in 2007.
After 13 years, the program will be dramatically expanded to provide eight Open Studio sessions per week. This will allow guests to reserve back-to-back sessions to accommodate 8-hour studio days. The additional sessions will also increase the capacity of the program while ensuring that guests have adequate work space and plenty of access to shared tools and equipment. With these changes comes a new simplified pricing structure.
This decision was based on community feedback that clarified the need for longer studio sessions and more flexible hours. This change also goes hand-in-hand with our new Studio Access Trainings which provide a more generous “on boarding process” that allows for more support and guidance from our staff.
Overview of Changes
- Weekly Open Studio sessions increased from 4/week to 8/week
- Ability to reserve a Single Session (4-hours) or Double Session (8-hours)
- Simplified pricing: Material fee replaced with a $10 discount for “Dry Activities”
- Increased member & student benefits: Increased from $7 to $10 discount
- Will be phasing out hourly rental; Keyholder program remains available for access outside of Open Studio sessions.
- Reservations are now required.
Updated Open Studio Sessions
Mondays & Thursdays:
2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Fridays & Saturdays:
10:00 – 2:00 p.m.
2:00 – 6:00 pm
Single Session (4-hours): $35
Double Session (8-hours): $50
Current Member or Student: $10 off
Dry Activities Only: $10 off
Discounts may be combined. For example, the cost for a current member who is typesetting or bookbinding will be $15 for a Single Session or $30 for Double Session.