The Spudnik Press Annual Benefit Committee is excited to announce our first ever virtual benefit, Blue Print, which is moving online due to COVID-19 restrictions. This is an unexpected yet exciting shift which allows us to reach more supporters beyond the city of Chicago! As always, we will be reserving space in our art auction to highlight the work of Spudnik Press members, this time for a much wider audience.
Each year our art auction is viewed by hundreds of people and brings together over 150 people including curators and gallerists from the MCA, DePaul Art Museum, AIC, Hyde Park Art Center, and many more. This year, the artwork will be featured in an online auction which will be open for bidding by anyone around the world.
The Annual Benefit, our largest fundraiser of the year, is a crucial component to supporting Spudnik Press studios and programs. More than any year before, these critical funds are needed to keep the Spudnik doors open through 2020 and beyond. It is our aim to raise $35,000 to ensure the future of Spudnik Press, and we need your submissions to help us do that!
In recognizing that this isn’t just a difficult time for Spudnik, but a difficult time for so many of us, we are also offering the option for Spudnik members to retain up to 25% of the sale. We look forward to getting through these challenges together.
- Submissions are free and open to all current Spudnik Press members.
- Artists may submit up to 3 artworks for consideration by staff and the Annual Benefit Committee. (Some, none, or all may be selected.)
- Selected artists may retain 25% or 10% of the sale price, or choose to donate the entire amount to Spudnik Press.
- Selected artists will receive two virtual General Admission tickets to our online event.
- You must be a current member of Spudnik Press Cooperative.
- Work must be valued over $100* (our average bid is over $400!) It’s encouraged that work is submitted unframed, since we will be shipping work after the auction. If any work requires special installation instructions, please include that in the submission form.
Complete the Online Submission Form by Sunday, August 9, 2020 (midnight). This form requires a Google login. For questions or issues, please contact Anders Zanichkowsky, Program Assistant, before August 6 at 5pm.
- Upload one to three works and up to two files representing each work. Files must be named Name_Title_FileNumber and can be up to 10MB each. Only the first three works, and only the first two files of each work, will be shown to the committee. These files will be what the committee uses to select work for the Benefit.
- Completed Google Form which will ask details about the work including File Name, Title, Dimensions, Year, and Media for each file submitted.
- Work Statement (Optional, Up to 100 words) addressing the work you are submitting and any details that you would like listed with the online auction, should the artwork be accepted.
Artists will be notified by August 23, 2020 and selected work must be delivered to Spudnik Press by September 4th at 6:00 p.m..
*Are you interested in submitting a lower price point item? We appreciate that many of our members are making affordable print-based work and we want to offer an opportunity to highlight those makers as well. Our VIP guests will be receiving a gift package with items like zines, prints, and goods created by our members. If you’re interested in submitting work for these gift packages, please fill out this form.