The Spudnik Press Board of Directors is a team of volunteers working behind the scenes to ensure our organization is resilient, mission-driven, and advocating day-in-day-out for artists and the arts. Board Members provide long-range leadership, governance and oversight for the organization while spearheading individual donor fundraising efforts. Members of our board work collaboratively with each other, the Executive Director, and the staff of Spudnik Press to supports the mission of our organization, strategic plans, and what challenges arise during their tenure.
During this unprecedented time, the board has provided financial oversight, securing two loans to help the organization weather the pandemic, and helping with emergency fundraising plans. Priorities for the coming year focus on adapting our studio to accommodate capacity limitations and working closely with staff to ensure that the organization is accessible, diverse, inclusive, and equitable.
Board Members serve a two-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for additional terms. Full board meetings will be held every other month. Members are expected to serve on at least one committee, meeting approximately once per month.
Current areas of needs:
- Active members of Spudnik Press: Represent your fellow artists!
- Project management experience
- Finance and accounting experience
- Legal experience
- Human resources experience
- Gallery or art sales experience
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Interpret the organization’s work and values, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson
- Stay informed about current programming
- Attend and participate in Board and committee meetings with prompt attendance. Promote and attend a variety of public programs
- Extend personal invitations to potential supporters, continually expanding our network of donors and clients
- Represent Spudnik stakeholders through approving annual budget, business decisions and participating in an annual performance review of the Executive Director
- Serve on a minimum of one committee.
- Contribute a minimum of $375 to Spudnik per Board term (September – August). If this minimum is beyond a Board member’s capacity, they may agree to raise the equivalent amount from others, known as “Get,” in order to make the full annual contribution.
- If needed, attend Legal & Fiduciary Responsibilities training upon joining the Board
- Average time commitment: 8-12 hours per month
Key Benefits Include:
- Opportunities for professional development as a board member.
- Honorary Spudnik Press Membership, inclusive of all benefits, to align with their board terms.
- Endless gratitude from Spudnik Press staff.
- Send resume or bio summarizing qualifications plus a letter of inquiry to Angee Lennard, Executive Director, email@example.com.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Spudnik’s mission and visual arts. Priority will be given to applicants who are accomplished in areas of need to the organization such as finance, meeting facilitation, project management, governance, public relations, data assessment, fine art printmaking, community education, and exhibitions. Additionally, Spudnik Press Cooperative is committed to having a diverse board of directors in regards to race, ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical ability.