The Spudnik Press Cooperative Board of Directors is growing and evolving! We encourage members of our community to consider supporting our mission by joining our board of directors.
The Spudnik Press Board of Directors is a team of volunteers working behind the scenes to ensure our organization is resilient, mission-driven, and advocating day-in-day-out for artists and the arts. Board members provide long-range leadership, governance and oversight for the organization. Members of our board work collaboratively with each other, the Executive Director, and the staff of Spudnik Press to support the mission of our organization and the challenges arise during their tenure.
Priorities for the coming year focus on adapting our studio to accommodate capacity limitations and working closely with staff to ensure that the organization is accessible, diverse, inclusive, and equitable.
Board Members serve two-year terms (September – August) and are eligible for reappointment for additional terms. Board meetings are held Wednesday evenings every other month. Directors are expected to serve on at least one committee, meeting approximately once per month.
Meet & Greet Events:
We invite anyone interested in learning more about our board of directors, our current projects, and what a role on the board entails to join one of our upcoming meet and greet events.
- Thursday, May 20th, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. CST via Zoom
- Sunday, June 13th, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. CST (tentatively to be held in-person, outdoors)
We are also able to schedule individual meetings at alternative times as needed.
Current areas of needs:
- Active members of Spudnik Press: Represent your fellow artists!
- Legal experience
- Human resources experience
- Project management experience
- Finance and accounting experience
- Gallery or art sales experience
- Send resume or bio summarizing qualifications plus a letter of inquiry to Angee Lennard, Executive Director, email@example.com by July 9th.
- The board of directors will put forth nominations by July 18th (one month in advance of the Annual Member Meeting).
- Nominees are elected by our membership during the Annual Member Meeting (August 18th, 2021) for positions beginning in September.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Spudnik’s mission and visual arts. Priority will be given to applicants who are accomplished in areas of need to the organization such as finance, meeting facilitation, project management, governance, public relations, data assessment, fine art printmaking, community education, and exhibitions. Additionally, Spudnik Press Cooperative is committed to having a diverse board of directors in regards to race, ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical ability.