This fall, we are launching a new member-driven Skill Share series. Every other month, members will be able to share a particular skill, process, or technique with their fellow members.
This event series was developed in response to member feedback that artists often gain as much or more directly from fellow artists in the studio than from staff-led professional development. From there, staff looked into how we could best instigate organic support and skill sharing among our members and arrived at Member Skill Share Nights.
These events are free and for current cooperative members only.
How it Works:
- At any time, members can nominate themselves to share a skill, process, or technique.
- Members can also submit skills, processes, or techniques they would like to see.
- The last Thursday of odd months, 2-3 members will have 15-45 minutes each to share their skill, process, or technique.
- At this point in time, Member Skill Share Nights will be held on Zoom. However, members may present from the studio, with staff assisting as a videographer.
- Presenting at a Skill Share Night can fulfill membership volunteer requirements.
- Events will be recorded with the goal of creating an online archive