How to Make Reservations
Anyone who is authorized to use a particular piece of equipment may reserve that equipment. Current press availability can be previewed online via Google calendar.
To reserve equipment, please call or email staff. At least two days notice is appreciated and will increase the likelihood that we can accommodate your request. Staff will confirm if the press is available, add your name to the master calendar (above), and send a confirmation.
Reservations are available during Open Studio hours and as hourly reservations. Reservations are not required during Open Studio hours, but are highly recommended. Keyholders are welcome to use equipment 24/7 as long as the press is not in use or already reserved.
Cancelled reservations directly impact other artists that rely on access to Spudnik Press equipment. With that in mind, we expect members to treat reservations seriously. The following protocol is in place to ensure fair access for all members of our community:
- All reservation requests should be made via phone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations must be confirmed by staff.
- Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- Printers who cancel reservations three times within a calendar year will have their privilege to make reservations revoked for a three-month period. The third time a printer has their privilege revoked will be permanent.
- Printers will be invoiced $10/hour for cancellations made with less than 24 hours. Printers will not be able to make further reservations until the invoice is paid in full.
- Please keep reservations limited to 4-6 hour blocks when possible.
- Please speak with staff before reserving equipment for longer than 8 hours in a day, 12 hours in a week, or more than two weeks in advance.
- Please note that printers will be charged for their full reservation time, even if they arrive late.