Orientation is always required prior to printing or working at Spudnik Press. Letterpress and Offset Authorizations require scheduling a private lesson. At Orientation, we provide a tour of Spudnik and overview of our programs, infrastructure, and options to print. Artists with adequate printing experience can then become authorized for any of the processes and equipment they wish to use and can then return to use Open Studio.
Artists become authorized to print immediately upon completion of an orientation session. However, we recommend attending orientation well in advance of any project deadlines. There is no fee for Orientation.
Orientations are offered:
Tuesdays – 6pm sharp
Fridays – Noon sharp
or by appointment
Minimum Requirements to Become Authorized:
- Attend a General Orientation or have recently taken a multi-week class that includes Orientation.
- Have recent experience with the equipment you would like to use (within 2 years)
- Have thorough experience with the equipment you would like to use (8-week class or equivalent; Experience required varies based on process and equipment).
- Be comfortable working independently.
- Demonstrate safe and clean printmaking or art-making habits.
- Demonstrate respect to our staff and our equipment.
- Attend an Open Studio session within 6 months of General Orientation.