The Spudnik Press Exhibitions Committee is member-driven and provides a platform for our members to take the lead in the curatorial process for all Spudnik Press Exhibitions. Only in its second year, the Exhibitions Committee is a constantly evolving committee composed of members who are committed to advancing exhibitions at Spudnik Press Cooperative. It acts as a steering committee for all Exhibitions-related opportunities, assists with execution of all components of the Exhibitions Program and, to the extent of its ability, acts as an advocate for exhibitions within and beyond Spudnik Press.
More specifically, the committee reviews all exhibition proposals, selecting which proposals will be offered as part of the annual Exhibition Calendar, and contributes to the development of additional programs offered in conjunction with each show, such as artist talks, workshops and opportunities for our members. Each year the committee coordinates the Annual Member Exhibition, bringing energy and innovation to this group exhibition opportunity. In addition, committee members have the opportunity to develop an additional exhibition of their choosing, which could take the form of a portfolio exchange, an invitational exhibition, bringing a traveling exhibition to our gallery, or jurying a thematic exhibition.
The Exhibitions Committee is fully backed by Spudnik Press staff who lead meetings, manages all exhibitions, handles budgets, etc. Committee members are asked to volunteer with various stages of each exhibition, including installation, photography and event assistance, approximately 6-8 hours per year.
By joining the committee, members are committing to a one-year positions with the option to renew each calendar year.
2017 Meeting Dates
- January 18, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30
- April 19, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30
- July 19, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30
- October 18, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30
- Must maintain a current membership at Spudnik Press Cooperative throughout 2017.
- Must be able to commit to attending the majority of quarterly Exhibitions Committee Meetings.
- Strongly encouraged to volunteer for 6-8 hours in the production of exhibition programs. Members can select volunteer activities that best suit their skills, interests and availability.
- Email email@example.com with the subject line “Exhibition Committee”.
- Please include your name and phone number.
- The exhibition committee is first come, first serve. If response exceeds our capacity, a wait list will be formed.