Deadline to Apply: Saturday, July 15
This opportunity is for members of Spudnik Press only. If you are not currently a member please join or renew prior to submitting artwork.
The 2017 Annual Benefit, our largest fundraiser of the year, aims to raise $25,000 to be invested in our studio and our programs. Each year, the event’s art auction draws over 100 collectors, curators, and arts professionals to support Spudnik, bid on art, and discover emerging artists.
New in 2017, the auction will include dedicated Member Section, juried by the esteemed arts writer, Jason Foumberg (Art Forum, Art in America, Chicago Magazine). Selected artworks will be framed, compliments of Blick Lincoln Park.
Past benefit attendees include curators from the MCA, DePaul Art Museum, AIC, Hyde Park Art Center, as well as dozens of gallerists and private collectors. This opportunity provides members with a platform to reach new followers as well as a way to support the studio. Each member featured in the auction will receive complimentary admission to the benefit. 100% Sales from the Member Benefit Auction will go support Spudnik Press Cooperative.
In addition to the Member Section of the benefit auction, the Annex gallery will feature the Annual Member Exhibition, peer juried by the member-led Exhibitions Committee. Every artist that submits artwork will have at least one artwork included in either the auction or the exhibition.
- Drop off up to five unique artwork by Saturday, July 15.
- When dropping off art, fill out and attach a label to each piece. Ask staff or monitors for assistance.
- All artwork will first be reviewed by Jason Foumberg for inclusion in the Annual Benefit auction.
- Artwork will then be reviewed by the Exhibitions Committee for inclusion in the Annual Members Exhibition.
- Members will be notified of acceptance into both opportunities by August 1.
- Participating artists must be current Spudnik Press members.
- There is no participation or entry fee.
- Participants may submit up to five artworks.
- All artwork must have been partially or fully produced at Spudnik Press.
- Artwork dimensions must not exceed 22×30”.
- Recent artwork is preferred.
Jason Foumberg is Chicago Magazine’s contributing art critic, and he has written about contemporary Chicago art for Artforum.com, Photograph, Art Papers, Frieze, and Art in America, as well as exhibition catalogue essays for the Museum of Contemporary Art, Threewalls, Columbia College Chicago, the Loyola University Museum of Art, the DePaul Art Museum, Valerie Carberry Gallery, and the Chicago Artists Coalition. He is currently curator at the Carl & Marilynn Thoma Art Foundation.
Print Factory Art Party Annual Benefit
Saturday, October 7
Hubbard Street Loft Open House
Friday, October 20
Annual Member Exhibition Closing Reception & Member Party
Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.