Mission and Vision of The Spudnik Press Residency Program
Spudnik Press’ Residency Program creates pathways for emerging artists to propel their artistic practice through access to facilities, staff, materials, and exhibition opportunities. It provides the resources, equipment, space and support to allow three artists each fall to develop a body of print-based work.
The Spudnik Press Residency Program provides three Chicago artists unlimited access to our profession printmaking studios for three months each fall. In addition to facilities, the program creates pathways for emerging artists to propel their artistic practice through:
- Complimentary one-year Studio Membership
- Waived tuition for any professional development workshops that occur during the residency period.
- Waived class and workshop tuition during or leading up to the residency period.
- Generous access to materials
- A 2018 solo exhibition with artist talk and accompanying micro publication published by Spudnik Press
- Studio visit opportunity with established artist, curator or gallerist
- Group critique opportunities with Spudnik Press members
- $200 Honorarium
We aim to provide a residency that adapts to the needs of the individual artist. Proposals may be for an edition of prints, artist books, a self-produced publication, or projects involving a less conventional use of printmaking. Artists that wish to collaborate may apply together.
The program is open to any artist comfortable working independently in their medium. Spudnik Press does not have the ability to assist with travel and housing and encourages only Chicago residents to apply. Three residency positions are awarded per season.
Download details and call for proposals: 2017 Residency Information Packet