To all in our community,
The health, wellbeing, and safety of our community and the broader communities in which we live are our highest priorities. With public safety in mind, we are taking proactive steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by pausing all public programming effective immediately.
Our decision is in accordance with global health authorities to keep our staff and community safe from what experts, including the World Health Organization, are calling a “global pandemic.”
We are taking the following steps to minimize all non-essential gatherings as well as the use of mass transit to and from our studio:
- Open Studios are cancelled until further notice
- Group Classes are postponed until further notice
- The following events are postponed at this time:
- March 18: Volunteer Session
- March 24: Queer Materialism dialogue
- March 25: Study Session
- All other events in April and beyond may be cancelled or postponed based on developing recommendations of healthcare experts such as the CDC.
- If you are enrolled in a one-on-one private lesson or the March 15th Portfolio Review, you will receive additional correspondence regarding your registration. In the case that both parties are comfortable meeting one-on-one, the studio will be accessible.
How to Use The Studio:
- At this point in time, keyholders without symptoms are welcome to continue using the studio.
- At this point in time, staff will try to accommodate other reasonable requests to gain studio access, always prioritizing the health and wellbeing of our entire community.
For those who do plan to use or visit our studio:
- As of today we have cleaned and disinfected surfaces and equipment to the best that we are able.
- Hand sanitizer is available for people to use in the studio. If you do choose to use the studio, we ask that you wash your hands on entering and exiting the space, and use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Unless you have keyholder access, please call ahead of your visit to ensure the studio is staffed.
We understand that this message will not answer all of the questions that our community may have about these decisions, and that we will need to follow up soon with students in greater detail regarding rescheduling and/or refunding program fees.
These are unprecedented circumstances; staff is committed to staying up to date with all developments, and doing all we can to keep our community informed of our plans.
Spudnik Press Cooperative Staff & Board of Directors