Spudnik Press Cooperative is cautiously reopening our studios and have put in place the following rules to ensure we are able to maintain a healthy environment for those in our community who choose to visit our studios.
These policies and procedures will be updated regularly as city and state regulations evolve. In addition to following government directives, staff are committed to providing as many reasonable health and safety precautions as possible to ensure that our community and our staff has access to the resources they need while being able to feel comfortable in our space.
Staff is only working onsite as needed and in staggered shifts. Please be patient with onsite staff.
Capacity & Reservation Limits:
- To ensure social distancing is feasible, anyone using the studio is required to make reservations in advance.
- Private studio renters may work within their own studio at their own discretion. However, if studio renters plan to work in shared spaces, they must make reservations.
- Capacity limits will gradually increase (see table below).
- People working collaboratively may share equipment, as long as they adhere to the capacity limits of projects and people in a particular space.
- Be mindful of moving through the studio beyond the area you have reserved. To support social distancing, each area of the studio will be stocked with basic tools.
- To reserve access to either guillotine, please reserve “Annex East”.
- The shared computer may be used to print films as long as it is not reserved and it is disinfected after use. If you plan to work at the computer for an extended period of time, please reserve it in advance.
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
- We are relying on each studio user to clean and prepare the space for the next person.
- Everyone using the studio is expected to follow all CDC health and safety guidelines including frequent hand washing and/or the use of hand sanitizer.
- At the end of their visit, studio users are required to disinfect all surfaces they come in contact with. An EPA-approved disinfectant will be readily available.
- Staff will disinfect all hard surfaces twice weekly with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Masks are required when entering and exiting our building and while working in shared studios.
- Due to the difficulty and the risk of using harsh chemicals on our equipment, masks are required when operating presses and shared tools.
- Masks may temporarily be removed if, and only if, you are working at a stationary space for an extended period of time, others are easily able to stay 6+ feet from you, and you are able to disinfect your entire work space at the end of your session.
- Disposable gloves are available for anyone to use throughout their session.
- People with conditions that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering are asked to speak with staff before making plans to visit the studio.
Please Stay Home If:
- You have a cough, fever, or other possible COVID-19 symptoms.
- Been in public spaces without wearing a mask or otherwise have not maintained CDC health and safety guidelines.
- For any reason believe that you have taken on unnecessary risk of spreading COVID-19, and have not been able to test negative for COVID-19.
Please direct all questions related to our Covid-19 related safety precautions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.