**As of 11/1/2021, this post is no longer being updated. Visit spudnikpress.org/covid-19 for current policies.**
Everyone’s safety is important to us.
Our New Vaccination Policy Begins November 15, 2021:
- All visitors who are eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccine (currently age 12+) must provide staff with proof of vaccination*.
- As vaccines are approved for new age groups, we will announce a date that this policy will apply to individuals in that age group. This date will be at least ten weeks from when the vaccine is approved to allow adequate time for vaccination.
- To request an exemption, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify if you are seeking an exemption for a medical or a religious reason at least two full weeks before you plan to visit, and before you enroll in a class or workshop. In situations where two weeks is not possible, we may be able to expedite the timeline.
- Proof of vaccination must be presented in person directly to staff or teaching artists. Please note:
- Not all Open Studio monitors are able to verify proof of vaccination. Therefore, Open Studio attendees will need to coordinate a time to visit the studio during staffed business hours prior to attending evening or weekend open studio sessions.
- Anyone who has access to the studio when staff may not be present, such as keyholders, fellows, and studio renters, must plan to visit the studio when staff is on site on or prior to their first visit after this policy goes into effect.
If visiting the studio in person during staffed business hours is not possible, you may contact staff at email@example.com to request an alternative.
- Anyone who is not vaccinated, including youth and those with medical or religious exemptions, will need to bring proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from the prior 72 hours each time they visit in order to gain entry into the studio.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all visitors are required to follow all mask and social distancing protocols during their visit, and stay home if you are not feeling well. All visitors age 18+ are required to attest to these protocols by signing a COVID-19 waiver.
We will continue to monitor local, state, and CDC guidelines and update our policies accordingly. If you are unvaccinated and wish to drop your class for a refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*In general, people are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after they receive their final dose of the vaccine. (CDC.gov)
Staffed Business Hours:
Mondays: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Fridays: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Capacity & Reservation Limits:
- To ensure social distancing is feasible, there are capacity limits for the entire studio, as well as specific areas.
- Everyone using communal space must be enrolled in a class or have reservations.
- Private studio renters may work within their own studio at their own discretion, but must follow all our policies when in shared spaces.
- The guillotines, typesetting/paper cutting area, and computer station are shared spaces that cannot be reserved.
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
- We are relying on visitors to disinfect their work area for the next person. At the end your visit, disinfect all surfaces you come in contact with. EPA-approved disinfectant is readily available.
- Everyone is expected to follow all CDC health and safety guidelines including frequent hand washing and/or the use of hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer is available in each area of the studio.
- 4 air purifiers are stationed throughout the studio.
- When possible, doors and windows will be opened to increase ventilation.
- Be mindful of moving through the studio beyond the area you have reserved.
- We are temporarily waiving cancellation fees for people exhibiting any Covid-related symptoms who reach out either by 9am on the day of their reservation or with 4+ hours of notice.
Visitors are requested to self-report to staff if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 to allow Spudnik Press to take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of others.
Staff, monitors and instructors reserve the right to remove anyone from the studio for failing to comply with safety requirements. Tuition or other studio fees will not be refunded in the event of dismissal for failing to follow safety rules.
Contact us with any questions regarding covid precautions within our studio by emailing email@example.com.
Where can you get a vaccine? Visit: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid19-vaccine/home/vaccine-finder.html