The Spudnik Press Exhibitions Committee is member-driven and provides a platform for our members to take the lead in the curatorial process for Spudnik Press Exhibitions. In its third year, the Exhibitions Committee is constantly evolving and comprised by members who are committed to advancing exhibitions at Spudnik Press Cooperative. It acts as a steering committee for all exhibition-related opportunities, assists with execution of all components of the Exhibitions Program and, to the extent of its ability, acts as an advocate for exhibitions within and beyond Spudnik Press.
The Exhibitions Committee is responsible for reviewing all exhibition proposals, selecting which proposals will be offered as part of the annual Exhibition Calendar, and contributes to the development of additional programs offered in conjunction with each show, such as artist talks, workshops, and opportunities for Spudnik members. Each year the Committee coordinates the Annual Member Exhibition, bringing energy and innovation to this group exhibition opportunity. In addition, the Committee also has the opportunity to develop an additional exhibition of their choosing. This exhibition can take the form of a portfolio exchange, an invitational exhibition, a juried thematic exhibition, or the Committee can opt to bring in a traveling show.
Furthermore, the Exhibitions Committee is fully backed by Spudnik Press staff who lead meetings, manage all exhibitions, oversee budgets, and assist with other areas of the exhibition development process as needed. Committee members are asked to help out with various stages of each exhibition, including installation, photography, and exhibition related events.
By joining the Spudnik Press Exhibitions Committee, members are committing to a one-year position with the option to renew each calendar year.
2017 – 2018 Meeting Dates
- October 18, 2018
- January 17, 2018
- April 18, 2018
- July 18, 2018
- October 17, 2018
- Must maintain a current membership at Spudnik Press Cooperative throughout 2017/2018.
- Must be able to commit to attending all quarterly Exhibitions Committee Meetings.
- Must commit for 6-8 hours in the production of exhibition programs. Members can select volunteer activities that best suit their skills, interests and availability.
- Email email@example.com with the subject line “Exhibitions Committee” by October 10, 2017.
- Please include your name, phone number, and a statement of interest explaining why you would like to be a member of the Exhibitions Committee and what you hope to gain from this experience (500 words maximum).
- The exhibition committee is first come, first serve. If response exceeds our capacity, a waitlist will be formed.