COME ON DOWN!… Submit your work for our annual benefit The Price is Nice
The Annual Benefit is our largest fundraiser of the year, and last year raised over $30,000 to be invested in our studio and programs. Each year, the event’s art auction draws upwards of 150 collectors, curators and arts professionals to support Spudnik, bid on art, and discover emerging artists. Past benefit attendees include curators from the MCA, DePaul Art Museum, AIC, Hyde Park Art Center, as well as dozens of gallerists and private collectors.
Building on the success of last year, the auction will once again feature a juried selection of artwork by our members. Esteemed writer, curator and Editor-in-Chief of THE SEEN, Stephanie Cristello, will curate this year’s member section. Each member featured in the auction will have their work framed and receive complimentary admission to the benefit.
This is an exciting and wonderful opportunity for our members to have their work reviewed by an established writer and curator and reach new audiences, as well as a way to support your studio. 100% of the sales from the Benefit Auction will support Spudnik Press Cooperative.
About the Juror:
Stephanie Cristello is a curator, writer, and contemporary art critic living in Chicago, IL. She is the Editor-in-Chief of THE SEEN, Chicago’s International Journal of Contemporary & Modern Art, currently serves as the Artistic Director of EXPO CHICAGO, and Director / Curator at Chicago Manual of Style.
- Member Artists may submit up to 3 pieces. Please submit this form with entries.
- Deadline for art work drop off: Monday, July 22, 2019.
- Artists will be notified regarding selection results by August 2, 2019.
- This call is open to all Spudnik Press members.
- There is no entry fee to submit work.
- Participants may submit up to 3 artworks. One piece may be selected to be included in the auction.
- Participating artists must be current Spudnik Press members.
- All artwork must have been partially or fully produced at Spudnik Press.
- All artwork must include at least one print process.
- Three-dimensional or fiber-based print works are welcome and must be ready to hang with instructions for installation.
- Artwork made within the last 2 years is preferred.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.