The Spudnik Press Exhibitions Committee provides a platform for members to take the lead in the curatorial process for our exhibitions. It acts as a steering committee for exhibition-related opportunities, assists with all areas of exhibition development, and helps promote gallery events. The goal of the Committee is to organize and help select exhibitions that amplify the impact of resources at Spudnik Press by providing opportunities for artists and audiences to move through a variety of creative roles: from making to experiencing, from learning to teaching. The Committee is fully supported by Spudnik Press staff who lead meetings, manage all exhibitions, oversee budgets, and assist with other areas as needed.
The Exhibitions Committee is responsible for reviewing and selecting proposals for solo exhibitions, group shows and/or curated shows. It also contributes to the development of additional programs offered in conjunction with each show, such as artist talks and workshops. Committee members are asked to help out with various stages of each exhibition, including installation, photography, and gallery events.
- Participate in quarterly committee meetings
- Help develop guidelines and selection criteria for exhibition proposals
- Review and select exhibitions that meet the goals of the Exhibitions Committee and align with the mission of Spudnik Press Cooperative
- Contribute creatively and collaboratively during installation of exhibitions and gallery events
- When appropriate, help author calls for entries and exhibition copy
- Collaborate with other committee members on promotional materials
- Work within established exhibition budgets
- Increase exposure of the exhibitions and related programs
- Give adequate time and energy to the duties required
By joining the Spudnik Press Exhibitions Committee, members are committing to a one-year position with the option to renew each calendar year, in addition to the requirements listed below.
- Must maintain a current membership at Spudnik Press Cooperative throughout 2018.
- Must be able to commit to attending all quarterly Exhibitions Committee Meetings.
- Must commit for 6-8 hours in the production of 1-2 exhibitions. Members can select volunteer activities that best suit their skills, interests and availability.
2018 Meeting Dates: The Current Committee:
January 17, 2018 Yasaman Moussavi
April 18, 2018 Catherine Norcott
July 18, 2018 Parita Shah
October 17, 2018
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Exhibitions Committee” by January 3, 2018.
- Please include your name, phone number, and a statement of interest explaining why you would like to be a member of the Exhibitions Committee and what you hope to gain from this experience (500 words maximum).
- The exhibition committee is first come, first serve. If response exceeds our capacity, a waitlist will be formed.