Shelter In The Speculative | Virtual Reception & Artist Talk
Brief Artists Talks by:
Sam Hensley, Dutes Miller (Miller & Shellabarger), Kianni Pleasant-Bey, Joshi Radin, Don Widmer, and Teresita Carson Valdez
Additional Artist featured in the Exhibition:
For the 2020 Member Exhibition, Juror Ruby T has selected artworks that have a powerful physical presence: works that feel like a form of shelter, or are an extension or impression of the artist’s own body. During the pandemic, and mass movements for revolution, this exhibition asks: What kinds of physical and relational structures will we need, or need to build, in order to survive? How will the warmth and softness of our bodies guide us?
Join a selection of the artists whose artwork is featured in Shelter In The Speculative: New Works by Spudnik Press Members for a virtual tour of the exhibition, brief artist talks and a conversation with guest juror, Ruby T.
Zoom Meeting ID: 966 4803 1564
Shelter In The Speculative will be on view through January 6, 2020 at Spudnik Press, 1821 W. Hubbard Street, Suite 302, Chicago, IL 60622.
Image Credit, clockwise from top left:
- Yasaman Moussavi, Revelation 2, 2019, handmade paper and screenprint (detail)
- Kianni Pleasant-Bey, Fever Dream, 2019, mixed media (detail)
- Joshi Radin, Cardboard Record 006, 2020, monotype (detail)
- Teresita Carson Valdez, A Novena for the Plague, 2019, screenprint, silk, dye discharge (detail)
- Sam Hensley, Little Like Yourself, 2019, animatronic sculpture and zine (detail)
- Miller & Shellebarger, Untitled 2, 2019, pressure print
- Don Widmer, Darkness and Light: Words of Etty Hillesum, 2020, artist book (detail)