Authorization is always required to participate in Studio Access Programs.
Authorization sessions include:
- General Studio Tour
- Overview of our programs that provide ongoing support to artists and makers
- Discussion of prior printing experiences to determine if minimum requirements for authorization are met
- Brief operational and safety demonstration on equipment and processes specific to the needs of the attendees
Once authorized, artists can take advantage of Open Studio or other Studio Access Programs to use any of the equipment they are authorized for. Artists may stay and print immediately upon completion of authorization. However, we recommend getting authorized well in advance of any project deadlines.
Letterpress Authorizations requires scheduling a hands-on printing session with a Teaching Artist. This 3-hour session costs $125. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an authorization. This requirement can occasionally by providing a reference who can speak to the qualifications of the printer.
All Other Authorizations:
All other authorizations are free and last about one hour. Attending our pre-scheduled authorizations is preferred, but authorizations can also be by appointment.
Monday: 7:00pm sharp
Fridays: 1:00pm sharp
Minimum Requirements to Become Authorized:
- Attend an Authorization session or have recently taken a multi-week class that includes Authorization.
- Have recent experience with the equipment you would like to use (within 2 years)
- Have thorough experience with the equipment you would like to use (8-week class or equivalent; Experience required varies based on process and equipment).
- Be comfortable working independently.
- Demonstrate safe and clean printmaking or art-making habits.
- Demonstrate respect to our staff and our equipment.