Screenprinting Camp: Apparel Production
This all-day workshop is perfect for people who have screenprinting ambitions that exceed their experience. This one-day screenprinting camp will fill in the gaps between a basic understanding of screenprinting and the technical understanding of the process needed to successfully produce a larger-scale fabric printing project.
You want to start a clothing line. Your dream is to print professional-quality jerseys for your softball team. You plan to construct 50 flyable kites using three different color-ways as part of your next installation. Basically, you want to level up your knowledge and skills while minimizing costly trial and error. Smart move.
This workshop covers:
– How to design and plan a successful fabric printing project.
– Best practices for printing on dark or bright fabrics.
– How to select the best mesh count and squeegee durometer for the job at hand.
– Common challenges for apparel printing such as printing on hoods or mesh garments.
– Setting up carousel presses.
– Assessing when, why and how to outsource projects or use plasticol ink.
– Vendor options and other apparel printing resources.
In the workshop, students will troubleshoot hypothetical designs. The class will collaboratively design and print a project that puts to use newly acquired technical skills. By the end of the workshop, students will have produced a three color t-shirt and will feel comfortable embarking on more ambitious projects in the future.