The first step to printing at Spudnik Press Cooperative is to attend a Studio Access Training to become authorized for the equipment or area of the studio they would like to use.
Studio Authorization Sessions ensure that all makers are able to confidently use equipment in our studios and follow our procedures and guidelines.
These sessions are not lessons: they are for makers who already have satisfactory knowledge of their craft.
To remain as accessible and welcoming as possible while ensuring the health and safety of both staff and visitors, we are temporarily offering partially online trainings:
Part 1: Online via Zoom
- General orientation to our mission and programs
- Overview of skill checklist; Review prior experience in area(s) seeking authorization
- General Q&A to help minimize contact during “Part 2”
- Determine work plan for “Part 2” to allow adequate assessment of skills
Part 2: On Site
- Individual studio tour
- Safety demonstrations
- Review of any process or skills that could not be addressed through zoom
- Brief period to work in the studio with staff on hand for support
- Review skill checklist and confirm authorization.
Available Studio Access Trainings: $50
- Nu-Arc Platemaker
- Post-Production Tools
If during Part 1, it is determined that the participant does not have enough experience to become authorized, they will receive a $25 credit towards a private lesson.
Email email@example.com to coordinate a private training. Please include in the email:
- What equipment or area of the studio you would like to be authorized for
- Availability: days, evenings, weekends, etc.
Trainings are typically scheduled at least one week in advance. Instead of enrolling through our website, an online invoice will be sent once Part 1 of the training is confirmed.